Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Legacies Reborn!
WE ARE OPEN
~1000 Members and Counting~

Starting Villages Discussion

Go down 
+3
Ruby Rose
Yamida
O.G. Bastian
7 posters
AuthorMessage
O.G. Bastian

Starting Villages Discussion DI8azlR

Starting Villages Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Starting Villages Discussion   Starting Villages Discussion Empty8th January 2018, 1:43 pm

Didnt see this so I figure I bring it up. Just to start I will give my stance in that only one village should be open as start out. Once the numbers get higher, then you open more villages. Considering most either go bad guy groups or wanderer, one village should be a decent start. This also assist in actual rp with others since everyone would essentially be from or in the same village. In addition to this, have npc controlled protection for the other villages aside from the main open village. If someone attacks a village on some takeover shit, then staff or selected members should serve as the npc. Maybe even have a standard npc build for each rank. This gives more risk to the warmongers who only want to blow shit up. Now they could die as a result if they careless.

Two cent.
Back to top Go down
Yamida

Starting Villages Discussion K22nFUP
Yamida

PostSubject: Re: Starting Villages Discussion   Starting Villages Discussion Empty8th January 2018, 1:55 pm

I was for this idea for quite some time. However, I noticed that most people don't dig it and that's why I'm against it. You need to hit the masses.
Back to top Go down
O.G. Bastian

PostSubject: Re: Starting Villages Discussion   Starting Villages Discussion Empty8th January 2018, 2:16 pm

I get that. But, speaking from experience on dozens of other sites that havent deviated from the typical open villages; they all run into the same issue of villages not being populated properly. Then you end up with 5 people in one village, 9 in another, and 20 in another. Not an enormous issue until it comes time to travel icly and all peeps are so cautious that they rather stay in village. Eventually this leads to claims of boredom and soon to follow mischief. I get appeasing the masses, but even the masses sometimes dont know wats good for them until thier in the shit ( for lack of a better word). If one village fills, then open another. Its all about adding on as the site grows. You make shit too big and all you will have is a bunch unused space and high rank chars (who havent earned thier rank and will likely dont know much on what high ranks should actually do icly other than flex jutsu and play tough behind high numbers). Start small then expand. Hell maybe even allow wanders to establish thier own villages with right cost, rank, and followers.

Also most complain about more villages because they want high ranks. Typically. An extra village means an extra kage spot, a few anbu and jounin spots, maybe even chuunin. If thats an issue, open more high ranks in the single village. Between the akatsuki-esque group (there is always one), wanderers, and village nin that is three groups by itself.
Back to top Go down
Yamida

Yamida

PostSubject: Re: Starting Villages Discussion   Starting Villages Discussion Empty8th January 2018, 2:27 pm

Fuck man, I dig you completely. If there was a site that consisted of 20 me's I'm sure we would start with one village cuz the depth you would be capable of reaching is just WOW.

But it's exactly as you say: "Also MOST complain about more villages because they want high ranks".

Most it is.

To further add, I would be so hyped if we would start with two villages.
Back to top Go down
O.G. Bastian

PostSubject: Re: Starting Villages Discussion   Starting Villages Discussion Empty8th January 2018, 3:15 pm

I wouldnt be opposed to two if the numbers make sense. Or at least allow village to village roing without travel threads (if said villages agree on this). As long as its less hassle to interact with others from other villages then two wouldnt be horrible. Though one seems best for this revamp or revive (whichever fits). And a bit off topic, but there should be rests for Kage like thier are for staff. Kage may as well be staff in the control and upkeep they put into villages. My concerns of multiple villages would be lesser if everyone knew that the guy or gal in charge is actually serious about the job. Or at least are showing some inclination to development of not just the village icly but ooclt as well.
Back to top Go down
Ruby Rose

Starting Villages Discussion 8wKG0sB
Ruby Rose

PostSubject: Re: Starting Villages Discussion   Starting Villages Discussion Empty9th January 2018, 12:56 am

I think this idea is fanstic. The way things usual go is you seem to get 1 or 2 busy villages, 1 middle of the rode and two that hardly have anyone which makes thing very lopsided.

Having one village where it's more Player version enviroment with everyone working together/competing against each other for advancement would be certaintly be unquie and give this site something to offer that almost no other Naruto rpg has.

If you absolutely have to have more then one to keep things on the pvp side I would suggest doing two. so that it'd have a kind of Hord vs Alliance or Repbulic vs Empire type thing going on.
Back to top Go down
Naru Hyuuga

Starting Villages Discussion LZy5BBF
Naru Hyuuga

PostSubject: Re: Starting Villages Discussion   Starting Villages Discussion Empty9th January 2018, 1:18 am

I love the one village idea. That's dope. And as the site gains traffic, open up others.

I'm sure members can sacrifice for a little while... you can always create an alt for the village you really want to be a part of once it opens up.
Back to top Go down
Nike the Magnus

Starting Villages Discussion YiM50Vl
Nike the Magnus

D Rank

Ninja Info Card
Ryo: 55000

PostSubject: Re: Starting Villages Discussion   Starting Villages Discussion Empty9th January 2018, 8:28 am

2 villages and 1 organization?
Back to top Go down
O.G. Bastian

PostSubject: Re: Starting Villages Discussion   Starting Villages Discussion Empty9th January 2018, 8:50 am

1 village, 1 organization, 1 unaffiliated or wanderers might be best for early activity. Open a second a village when you reach the active char quota. Unaffiliated chars can offer that outsider meet outsider vibe peeps love. Like when two opposing villages meet. Also if two villages is the choice picked, i would suggest enforcing a peace time period during the early stages of site. Put more focus on exams and inner village stuff than a major plot or war.
Back to top Go down
Nisshoku

Nisshoku

PostSubject: Re: Starting Villages Discussion   Starting Villages Discussion Empty9th January 2018, 9:59 am

That one Organization is MINE!!! Very Happy #Odotai #Tsukikage
Back to top Go down
O.G. Bastian

PostSubject: Re: Starting Villages Discussion   Starting Villages Discussion Empty9th January 2018, 10:12 am

I wanna try my hand being in a org. I think i would make a decent bad guy
Back to top Go down
Yang Jotetsu

Yang Jotetsu

PostSubject: Re: Starting Villages Discussion   Starting Villages Discussion Empty17th January 2018, 11:16 am

On this I want to add in an "Idea" Lets say we start the site with just 1 village and then enough people join that we decide to open a second village.

So then you have 5 people join the second village but none of them can RP well enough to get past Chunnin level, It would be rather nice if someone could throw together a few quick NPC Bio's for the village upon opening so that these players can have a character to interact with that isn't contradictory of the others and if necessary a staff memeber could step in and use said character.

So for example in one Genin's post the Kage's office is a dungeon and the Kage is a water master 600 year old guy and then in another Genin's post the Kage's office is a tower and the Kage is a 10 year old prodigy little girl, Then the village gets attacked and a staff memeber steps into to NPC the Kage and now they are a completely different from the other descriptions and the lack of consistency makes the job of reading these posts and trying to follow them half the time confusing and frustrating because you cant tell which version you're suppose to be mentally picturing. When i was staff reviewing posts and when i was a Genin trying to NPC get a mission from the Kage both sides were equally frustrating.
Back to top Go down
O.G. Bastian

PostSubject: Re: Starting Villages Discussion   Starting Villages Discussion Empty27th January 2018, 5:41 am

Jack wrote:
On this I want to add in an "Idea" Lets say we start the site with just 1 village and then enough people join that we decide to open a second village.

So then you have 5 people join the second village but none of them can RP well enough to get past Chunnin level, It would be rather nice if someone could throw together a few quick NPC Bio's for the village upon opening so that these players can have a character to interact with that isn't contradictory of the others and if necessary a staff memeber could step in and use said character.

So for example in one Genin's post the Kage's office is a dungeon and the Kage is a water master 600 year old guy and then in another Genin's post the Kage's office is a tower and the Kage is a 10 year old prodigy little girl, Then the village gets attacked and a staff memeber steps into to NPC the Kage and now they are a completely different from the other descriptions and the lack of consistency makes the job of reading these posts and trying to follow them half the time confusing and frustrating because you cant tell which version you're suppose to be mentally picturing. When i was staff reviewing posts and when i was a Genin trying to NPC get a mission from the Kage both sides were equally frustrating.
I like this idea.
Back to top Go down
Yamida

Yamida

PostSubject: Re: Starting Villages Discussion   Starting Villages Discussion Empty27th January 2018, 8:08 am

O.G. Bastian wrote:
Jack wrote:

I like this idea.

Valid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting Villages Discussion   Starting Villages Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Starting Villages Discussion
Page 1 of 1